Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Time Has Come Again

Wow I can't believe it's already here. On Sunday afternoon my Mom and I will once again be on our way to India. It's happened so fast. As I sit at my desk writing this, I'm looking around at everything laid out on my floor ready to be put into a big empty suitcase, my cat snoring soundly on my bed, my dog coming in every five minutes because she wants attention, and my phone that keeps vibrating from friends saying their goodbyes. In three days all of this will be gone... again.
March 30th we land in New Delhi, India and will begin the second part of my treatment with human embryonic stem cells. We will be there for six weeks and are planning on being home May 18th. I'm excited and nervous all at once. Everything will be the same over there, same place that we stay, same accommodations, and same treatment. There are still no expectations for this trip. I got more than I could ever ask for last trip, I'm hoping that even more will happen and I know it will, but I am not expecting to come home with anything in specific or anything at all. Two of my really good friends, Gabe and Ashley, will be there while we are and I am so excited to see them again. This will be a whole new experience, but the same one at the same time. Another chapter in my story that I am lucky to be able to share with all of you.
Thank you for all of your support and prayers and I'm glad I am able to share my story with you as much as I can. I will keep my blog updated while we are gone, but it might take a couple days to get settled :).
Next post will be from India :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope your travels were safe! Looking forward to reading the blog again! Can't wait to hear all about Adventure #2! Miss you... thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete